Ranging from the simple use of BB to taking drugs that contain antibiotics or Zink, Cystic Acne Cure is available in many forms and they can show visible results in a short period of time. However, cystic acne is one of the toughest to treat and is the worst form of acne with appearance of cysts on the face. Cystic acne is aggressive but with proper treatment, the prognosis comes out good. (Prognosis is how doctors foresee the pattern of your disease)
Cystic acne cure starts with taking proper care of skin and using products that are skin friendly along with some natural remedies in line. The treatment is time consuming but effective, so patience is an important factor, one will have to stick to while going for cystic acne cure.
So what to do when Cystic Acne strikes your existence?
– Get your hands on a cleanser. A cleanser wipes off all the dirt your skin has, working deep in your skin layers. It also removes the dead and senescent skin cells which contribute to the formation of cysts in cystic acne. With everyday cleansing you also get rid of bacteria and extra sebum that has been lingering on your skin.
There are several cleansers available for cystic acne cure. Different cleansers suit different skin types. Cleansers with Benzoyl Peroxide work the best. Benzoyl peroxide has properties of a peeling agent, meaning that it works to remove the dead cells present on skin, leaving it soft and smooth. It also clears pores and works as an antibiotic cum antimicrobial.
Benzoyl Peroxide formulations are available in gels and creams and are well tolerated. In some people dryness, swelling and burning or irritation may develop with its use therefore it is advised to start with lower concentrations of Benzoyl Peroxide initially, increasing it afterwards as the tolerance develops.
A point to remember is that bar cleansers should be avoided. Bar cleansers can clog pores.
– Astringents are substances used to close pores. They can be used after using cleansers and chemical peels to close the pores. Astringents also prevent the formation of Comedones (aka blackheads).
– Chemical peels like: Alpha and Beta Hydroxy acid peels are used as a cystic acne cure. Alpha Hydroxy acids occur naturally in sugar cane, tomato juice, sour milk, … etc. The peels derived from these acids are used to treat wrinkles and uneven complexion. Its mild formulations work well for cystic acne and have been used with great success.
Compared to AHA, Beta hydroxy acids can reach deep in skin and reduce oil secretion with cutting acne and getting dead cells off the face, a process known as exfoliation.
Salicylic acids, which are used to treat acne, are again, a type of Beta Hydroxy acids. Creams with BHAs and Salicylic acids should be used on everyday basis for exfoliation. This will reduce bacteria, swelling, redness and therefore inflammation.
– Other chemical peels including, retinoic acid peels work best for scars; they reach the skin deeper than Beta Hydroxy Acids do. However, they are not used as a Cystic Acne Cure.
– BB or Blemish Balm creams may also be used to get rid of dark spots and scars.
– Drugs and creams containing Zinc are also being used with great results as a cystic acne cure. Zinc oxide creams shrink the cysts and reduce inflammation. Drugs containing zinc also produce satisfactory results. They alleviate to a good extent the pain caused by menstrual cramps. Zinc is also known for its ability to boost immune system.
– Antibiotics are effective in treating cystic acne. Antibiotics are used to kill bacteria and reduce the amount of bacteria present on skin. The most commonly used antibiotics include: Tetracyclines and Erythromycins. They have very critical side effects such like: liver damage etc. and should be avoided during pregnancy. A medical practitioner will provide exact doses and details about all other side effects; therefore these antibiotics should be taken under the supervision of a medical practitioner.
– Hydrogen peroxide should be used as a cystic acne cure. It kills bacteria present on skin. A cotton ball should first be dipped in hydrogen peroxide and then applied to the skin. After waiting for a minute or two, rinse your face with water. If your skin gets excessively dry, wear a moisturizer to calm it down.
– Excessive Androgen production leads to formation of cystic acne. Androgen is a hormone that regulates the development of male characteristics in human body. Drugs that reduce the Androgen production are a good choice when it comes to treating cystic acne. Hormone therapy involving the manipulation of levels of female hormones, typically, Estrogen and Progesterone in the body has produced good results. Contraceptive pills having a combination of Estrogen and Progesterone work well as a cystic acne cure. The drug spironolactone is a diuretic, in other words, it is a drug that increasing urine output with anti-androgen properties and is used in low doses as a cystic acne cure.
– Isotretinoin, formerly known as Accutane, is an oral drug which targets oil glands. It reduces the production of oil from the glands by altering their shape. Immediate and long lasting effects have been observed. The drug is associated with certain adverse effects which limit its use. Isoretinoin interferes with liver function, causes alopecia (hair loss) and nose bleeding. It is to be avoided in pregnancy for it is harmful for the fetus.
– Vitamin B3 gels are great to go with when treating cystic acne. These gels reduce inflammation and increase collagen (protein) production. They also reduce scar formation.
– Sulfur is a non metal and has worked well as cystic acne cure. Sulfur dries away the pimples and controls sebum production. Sulfur with some Shea butter ( a fatty extract from nuts of Shea tree used for cosmetic preps) is an excellent way to make cystic acne disappear from your face. Shea butter is rich in vitamin E and good for scars. Vitamin E is an excellent fat soluble anti oxidant found in fruits (like papaya and kiwi), nuts (like almonds), Broccoli, fish and vegetable oils and wheat etc.
Cystic acne is stubborn and won’t go away easily. One shouldn’t be stressed while dealing with cystic acne, since stress can also cause hormonal imbalances and lead to break outs.
So give yourself some break and relax. Long live beautiful skin!